ESSEX CLOSED CHAMPIONSHIPS – RULES
- The Championships shall be held annually.
- The Championships shall be organised and conducted by the Tournament Sub-Committee who may co-opt sufficient members to ensure an efficient championship committee.
- (a) The Championship shall be open to bona-fide members of Clubs affiliated to the association and to individuals directly affiliated to the Association, providing that the player has Essex County playing qualifications.
(b) The Championship Committee shall decide what constitutes a bona-fide player, and shall also have the authority to restrict or refuse entries at their discretion.
- In certain events, where an age limit may be stipulated players competing in the Cadets Competition must have been under 15 years of age and players competing in the Junior championships must have been under 18 years of age on 1st January of the playing season, and players competing in the Veterans Championships must have attained the age of 40 and players competing in the Super Veterans Championships must have attained the age of 60 by the same date.
- There shall be no additions or alterations to the entry once the draw has been made, except with the sanction of the Referee.